Last night for the first time since having Owen, I slept apart from him. I’m not a tough mother, who wants an independent child and is calloused to crying etc. I never really let Owen cry while he was a baby, and have been quite happy to let him dictate my life, so this was a really big deal for me. before, he could nurse whenever he wanted, but do to a barrage of health problems, I wanted to wean him completely. I’m also going away for a while and I didn’t want to disappear from him completely when I’ve been with him almost every day of his life.
The week leading up to last night I tried to explain things to Owen, who I think understood things quite well. I also had to keep making sure that it is God’s will that a get him off the night nursing, because almost every night, I would think that it’s just not possible for him not to nurse, and having him ask me, really tugged on my heart strings.
So....how did it go? Well Filz seemed to be fine the next day, much to my surprise, of course in the morning Owen was determined to have “boobaas” but I didn’t give in and he seems to have accepted that they’re gone for good.
I’m going to miss my baby. I’m going to miss having big boobs too. I can’t say I’ll miss being grabbed and pulled at while trying to sleep, or worrying if he’s eaten or not. The pro’s to weaning him completely out weigh the cons, and I guess it will be nice to not have me posting what new food he’s eaten. Anyway changes here I come, and here Owen comes too... on to the era of toddlerhood.
2 comments:
Well done Amber! it is a huge step for you both & your a fantastic mum! love you lots, Jacqui x
where are you going?
Post a Comment